R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OCRC Raceway
Thread: OCRC Raceway
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 09:56 AM
OC/RC Raceway
Tech Master

Friday Night Race Re-cap 9/17/10

Stock Truck: Top qualifier for the night was your truly (Running a 13.5) going 16 5:05 with Shawn Parro close behind in the second spot. The track was seriously hooked up so I decided why not make it more by drenching my tires in “The Plague” quite a mistake on my part as my T4 was more like a “Twitch 4” in the main. I got off to a good start but my car felt like I was driving on Velcro which eventually led me to jumping into Bill Jordan in the 6 pack and popping a ball cup. Shawn Parro took advantage of my misfortune and blew by me never to look back as he was just too far ahead to catch taking the win going 17 5:15

Stock Buggy: Brad Perdiew was you TQ for the evening having his best run to date going 16 5:06 followed by Ryan Mchone doing a 16 5:13 Brad got off to a great start in the main but bobbled after the 6 pack allowing Ryan to take the top spot for a few laps until he took it back on lap 6. Perdiew put some distance between himself and the rest of the field until the end when Mchone came charging back to make it a close race.
Unfortunately for Ryan it was too little to late as Brad took the win going 3 for 3 last night!

Mod Buggy: What started off as a 4 car battle only saw 3 in the main as Riley Lowlor once again was MIA in the main. Marcus Conway (4WD) was your TQ going an impressive 17 5:05 in qualifying and also took the win in the main. Marcus was off to a great start until a roll over cost him is spot to Michael Monaghan in lap 5. Marcus regained the lead by lap 9 but couldn’t put any distance between himself and Monaghan or Nick Rustin. This 3 car battle for the lead came down to the last turn and Marcus had just enough to take the win by .6 sec over Monaghan and 2 sec over Rustin.
Even though there were only 3 running in this on it was probably the closest race of the evening.

Stock SC: The unstoppable Lee Gravelle was your TQ for the evening going 14 5:10 over John Dempsy and The Moose who by the way set the early TQ going 14 5:14 which I believe is his best run to date! In the main it was all Lee finishing with a very impressive 16 5:18 , Dempsy and our newest SC driver Todd McMiniment duked it out the entire race with Todd finishing 2 about 5 sec ahead of John and The Moose finishing 4th only .3 sec behind John.

Pro 2: Yawn…. Lee Gravelle was the TQ again…. As Walnuts couldn’t seem to keep his car together in qualifying. Nobody in the house can understand how his Sh** stays in one piece with the absolute abuse he puts it through. The always tough to beat Matthew Olsen was fast each race until his bead locks came un-beaded in the qualifiers and the main. So I guess you can say Olsen got “Un-Screwed” last night.
Gravelle finished the main going 16 5:15 with The Nuts in the second spot a full lap down.

Expert 8th Scale:
Mike McMahon TQ’d going a stunning 18 Laps in a 5:15 with Olsen a close 18 5:16. In the Main Mike and Matthew jumped out to a quick lead as I once again couldn’t seem to drive in a straight line for the first 2 laps. Matthew couldn’t find a way around Mike after the first few laps and forcing the issue rolled it over by the drivers stand allowing me (ya me) to take over the 2nd spot and never give it up.
Matthew proceeded to blow out in different areas of the track the rest of the race as he was driving “Full Punch” trying to catch up. When will he learn? Well anyways McMahon won the race I finished up in second Matthew finished with an extra pound of clay on his shock towers in the 3rd spot.

Another Great Night of Racing in the OC

See you all soon!

Peace