R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 AM
escman
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=macdude;7943767]
Originally Posted by escman

I kind of assumed this was the issue. Thanks for your response. Otherwise the program is probably the easiest to set all the parameters. 100% better than the Tekin HW software.

I would like to know why adjusting the throttle curve will cause a high speed surge when running under no load. Seem like it got better with v1.3 but still seems rough about 80% throttle. Doesn't really seem to matter what curve I pick, but the whole car jumps when revving it on the stand. When I go back to linear throttle then there is no surge.
macdude

Also I would like make a point about our software.
The following parameters:
Minimum Brake
Drag Brake
Minimum Dive
Dead Band

Have a dual mode entry, one can select from the given index or enter a value that is 0.1 increment, I believe this is unique to Novak and its is very difficult to implement. We spent a lot of time to get this function to work properly and integrate into the esc firmware.
Its fairly easy to implement simple up or down buttons, but to add the ability to enter a floating point number is quite involved.
I hope you racer are using that function, over the years I been asked many times for that ability select Dead band or Minimum drive value in 1/10 increment.