R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KERSHAW DESIGNS BRUSHLESS MOTORS
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 05:43 AM
RCaddict0
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default KERSHAW DESIGNS BRUSHLESS MOTORS

I recently bought a decent priced brushless motor for my 3905 Maxx. I was running XErun 80A esc with a Hobbywing EZrun 3665 2300kv motor and all was well. I just wanted a "little" more. So I picked up a KD Revolver XL7 motor for it. It was very well priced at $59.99! I decieded on the 3674 2370kv XL7. And what I got was a MONSTER with SO much more than I bargened for!!! This thing is insane. I paired it with the XErun 80A esc and 2 x 2s lipo and it is more than what I needed! O yea! It easily runs head 2 head with my E Revo with the Mamba 2200 set up on 4s geared 22/86. I have it geared 18/68 and its extremly smooth. Great low-end torque and good top-end speeds. My E Maxx is quite heavy and large with a set of PL Big Joes. I decieded to punch it the truck did a complete back flip and back to its wheels. Virtually no cogging at all, after a 1/2 hr bashing session with random speed runs up and down the street on a warm afternoon(86 degress) the motors temp maxed out in the 130's. Its heavy and feels solid. Theres no play in the shaft and comes with bullets installed and a set of females for your esc. Im writing this review now after days and many more bashing sessions. Its still running cool and strong. I plan on buying these for more apps in the future. Dan has this same set up as a combo for under $150 "I think". But for that price you cannot go wrong. So save some hard earned cash and check out the site. Lots of cool stuff. Up-grade kits, esc's, motors, etc.. And its always nice buying from the US. And from what I read his Customer support is great and he stands behind his products. Even if it isnt KD stuff(Castle,XErun). Just passing on my 2 cents.