R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best and cheapest Losi tool set for 8ight t 2.0
Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Storydude1
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
im saying align wrenches, not t handles. and yes a QUALITY product is worth it to me, this is why all my tools are hudy/eds. i learned if you buy junk you will be asking for headaches in the future.

btw you must not race do you? try putting a small amount of torque on a motor mount screw and see how long that stays in.and do you have a torque wrench that you use to torque your screws? really doubt
I've been racing RC since before Losi introduced the JRx2. That would be pre 1989 to you I remember when the HORNET was competitive.

I fell for the "MUST HAVE RC TOOLING" too..then I grew up Wrenching on cars for 25+ years has calibrated my hands to a very close approximation of a torque wrench. Notice I never specified a TORQUE VALUE for screws? That's usually in the owners manual..Which if you've workedon brakes of ANY 1:1 car, you'll notice nobody follows Caliper bolts are in no case more than 20Ft/Lbs. Most I've come across are 50+ Same with RC motormounts.

but hey, you are comfortable buying 300 dollars in tooling, go ahead. I'll spend my money on items that help me on the track and save me money.