R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 AM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I would offer, from personal experience, that what you describe is the EXACT reason to toe the line on the tires out of the box. I understand setting it up to run what folks may already have, but they're going to have to buy tires anyway. No matter when it is, coming back later to "tighten things up" is always fraught with pissing and moaning to which you'll be adding the opportunity for "but I already have these". Great, run 21.5, etc, but for stuff they're going to have to buy anyway just bite the bullet and go. If they've been running rubber TC for any time at all they've been exposed to spec tires so this should be nothing really new.
We are fighting the 21.5 vs 25.5 fight at our track right now. It has not been fun and we have several racers that are threatening to leave. Our issue is that there is a track about an hour away that races opposite weekends as us and we don't want to discourage then from joining us or our racers going there. But some people are having a hard time understanding that.

Originally Posted by Scottrik
The SS is actually timing-adjustable too, over pretty much the same range as the Ballistic sticker. The problem Rob, et al, are addressing now is that the Ballistic can apparently be adjusted past what the sticker shows. This has been addressed for now that any adjustment has to be within the range shown on the sticker and they are looking for a method to identify when/if that sticker is moved.
A simple VOID security sticker would be the most inexpensive route. And the best route would use engraved endbells. But the engraved endbell would increase the price of the motor.