R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why faster lap times driving my SC10 17.5 than my SC10 3300kv???
Old 09-13-2010, 10:09 PM
twigman08
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Krio
Once you're moving there really isn't any difference if you have both systems set up correctly. The only real reason I will never use sensorless for off road racing is for mid-air corrections. If you watch any of the fast guys who drive aggressively, it is common to hit the brakes immediately after coming off a jump to bring the nose down, then punch it to get the nose back up just before landing. This allows you to land squarely on power. Fractions of a second mean the difference between a perfect landing and an epic wipe-out and the small inconsistency in the start time for sensorless doesn't make the cut.
Yet it flies absolutely beautiful and with that triple being hard to hit correct sometimes I do have to make mid-air corrections. If I see it might land nose first, I can stab the throttle just fine and tell no difference. Heck at the track that I race at, there is a jump that if you hit wrong just a little bit you must do "panic gas" and hope the nose comes back up. I see absolutely no difference between it in mid air. Everything they can do, my motor can do just as good. Only thing they have that I don't is I can't do dynamic timing. But because I already have a HP advantage in my mind that doesn't bother me. I see no reason for that.