R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 PM
escman
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slotracer577
Couple of things would be nice on the next version of firmware. 1) make it so you dont have to reprogram the ESC after you set radio endpoints. That is a pain. 2) give 1 to 3 points to the timing curve so we can play with the rpm vs timing. right now you can really only change slope and amount a little. Since I know my minimum and max rpm on the track (data logger) it would be nice to be able to set the timing at those two points. Example say the rpm is 4000 to 8000, with the current setup I cant get 30 deg of timing at 4000, would like to be able to set start at say 2000, 30 deg at 4000 and 50 at 8000.
Reason for cleaning up all the data after one touch is due to fact lot of the data such as minimum brake, drag brake, min drive and dead ban are based on the Neutral, full forward and full brake information calculated during one touch.
As a matter of fact in the transmitter throttle trow is reversed during one touch all the data must be re-calculated.

Timing information is stored in a different memory array so its not lost.
If you recalibrate the esc to a different transmitter and then connect to the Nova Link is should show the last timing setup

On your second request we maybe able to add a different way of timing setup option.
Perhaps one can fill out a table with 6-8 RPM points and the required applied timing at those points. This method is highly prone to mistakes by the operator.
I have to look at this in more detail.
Adnan