R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
JR007
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaveW
I wanna say thanks for responding.

No i didnt recalibrate, and only because i didnt think i should have to. I have calibrated speedos to my radio that to this day after years of sitting in a box, operate perfectly with my radio set to the neutral settings the speedos were calibrated with. NO issues.

Are you suggesting that my radio may need servicing? I dont know how the settings could creep out of adjustment without either something going wrong with the radio, or physically making changes. Was there a problem with your radio, or are we coming to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the RS in that it needs to be randomly recalibrated?
With the modern electronics, they are quite sensitive. Most drivers get around it by having a wide Neutral Width, which accomodates for the neutral drift.
If you can't adjsut that manually, you may need to send it in, or try widening the neutral width as mentioned. Make it about 40 or so and see if it works.
Not sure about your radio, but on the 3PK there is a adjustment setting that lets you "confirm" the positions of the trigger from neutral, full throttle, and full brake.