R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Bundy_Bear
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TM America
There will not be a Razor 2 this year.

However, by the end of September the new front and rear hubs and associated parts for the use with OS2 wheels will be made available to Razor owners. This will be a great advantage for the Razor owners so you can choose and use any tire in the market place.

As for racing, the use of the OS2 wheels will give a better feel of control. If there is any speed increase it would be in tenths. That would be more due to feel than actual performance enhancement. The big advantage is the ability to be able to use any tire you wish. This can help your racing budget!

The Razor is already a very competitive car. If you use Edam's aftermarket parts, and based on your driving style and creativeness, parts from other world class cars, the Razor will race with the best. With the right driver, as usual, the Razor will beat the best! My poor car doesn't have that driver

The Spirit is also a top competitive car. Using the carbon fiber two rear braces, 2.5 top tray, 2 speed shaft package, this car runs smooth and drives very nice. I don't use the stock clutch system and 2 speed system so I can't speak about the new 2 speed parts available. Of course I don't use any of the aluminum parts that could bend in critical areas that leave your car in a tweak. Carbon fiber parts is needed when used to stiffen a particular area or good plastic parts. Aluminum is for bling. So be careful in use of these parts. But if you are looking for an excellent competitive car at a good price the Spirit has to be on your short list.

Have Fun!
Sam:

What two speed do you use then on your Edam Spirit?