Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCBuddha
STLNST,

To be perfectly honest, I've had NO gear problems (knocking on wood) with the car. I've crashed the car, and the only thing I've broken was a rear ball stud.

Why these racers cannot finish a race is a good question. Did they bathe the gears properly? Was it shimmed properly? Did they break-in the gears, or throw the car down and run? How did they strip their gears out? In a crash? Or after rolling and then hitting the throttle as the wheels landed onto the ground? I mean, there are millions of reasons as to why they stripped their gears.

Personally, I think the whole gear stripping issue is to a degree being blown out of proportion. Competitive shaft drive cars have historically been a vehicle that has required more care and attention to the gears. For that reason alone, many at my track seem to be switching to Xray and Losi's.

Should you get the car? Well, that's ulitmately up to you, but ask anyone here, and they will tell you that the car's handling is worlds better than most on the market today.

Buddha
every question that you have has already been done by these driver's and until it starts happening to you I guess it will be considered blown out of proportion. The TC3 never had gear problems that we have seen from the Tamiya EvoIII and the pro4.
It looks to be a great handling car until a hit. Good luck with yours.....while I watch the guys here struggle.