R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 03:01 AM
teammpp
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BaxterC
What the .... RAIN TIRES??? this is a little bit new to me... I will have servos and electrics in the car that is worth around ~$200-~$250 even with the greatest waterproofing and fuel proofing, and with an engine that may not get up to temp on the track, there is no way you will get me on the track. Why would you? how do the cars run? dont they slide around because of the slick foam?
Not with Kisslings strapped on. They are foam tires with belts of rubber pulled on real tight like a cap. Grip is real good. Elligi Aqua's are also real good in damp conditions and Pits D20 slicks actually work better on a slick greasy track than they do in the dry.

No reason not ot run in the wet. We do it most weekends . Like I mentioned a few posts back, a couple of balloons, a lot of red candle wax and silcone sealer will keep you totally waterproof. You can even get special waterproof jackets for your Tx allow we find a simple plastic bag and clothes peg does the same job

Although it restricts the power a bit an INS box on the carb airfilter will help protect the engine. But then who needs all that power on a wet track anyway.