R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy Quasar Pro Discharge Question
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 08:04 PM
DOMOisCOOL
Tech Master

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Speediephatt Do you use any of the features in the charger otehr than charging? Like the discharge mode, cycling etc. I just got one today and don't know where to start at. Also Where u set ur Mv like 5mv And what would be the difference in Raising and loweringThanks. I had a charger before this a millenium pro but my friend set everything when i first started (2 years ago) and I never touched that setting again.
"5mv" is the voltage threshold. The standard voltage threshhold for a GP3300, Sanyo 3300, or Panasonic 3000 is 6 to 8 MV(millivolts). This means that the voltage threshhold will be set from 24mv to 32mv for a 4 cell pack, and 36mv to 48mv for a 6 cell pack. This varies on packs and chargers.

For example, the Team Associated guys like to use a slightly lower threshold (6mv per cell) when ambient temp is high to help keep the cells from overheating right before the race. For cooler ambient temps, slightly higher voltage thresholds of 8mv per cell will help to keep a little more heat in the cell when the surroundings are cool.

Note: Not responsible for damage of battery packs.