R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 8th annual Glenburnie hobbytown charity race
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 AM
TeamB&B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A couple of things.
1. We will bring some door prizes provided by SweepUSA.
2. Can we also use the event for a swap meet?

Originally Posted by chaos2984
im going to be out there the 11th I know alot of people are going to mimi's but I will take care of making more boards im sure i can inlist someone else to help me It wont take long to drill a few holes and bolt them together
Count me and Randy in. We will bring some of the carpentry tools needed. Last year, I helped Mike Webb create the set of "soft" sweepers. With Mike's design still in his head, the 11th would be a good time to make a few more smaller in size for the high speed sections of the infield. We also need to look into obtaining some low profile plow discs to use instead of the board in the high breakage areas (European style).

Also, we definitely need to increase the length of the timing bridge. I am willing to make one out of PVC with aluminum reinforcement to prevent sagging if the club buys the materials. The current bridge was limited by the length of the board which limited the width of the high speed sweeper. The sweeper should be wider than the front straight for safety.

Originally Posted by chaos2984
ok its offical were gonna run 13.5 sedan open speed control.
We found the post where Ray K. thinks the "grass is greener" than his recent 4wd Mini ventures. Instead of open mod, there is going to be a 13.5 sedan class which is fine with us. But 2 things.
  1. The Trinity Duo 1 - 13.5 is not allowed. (Too hard to field tech because of the ease of swapping endbells with a 10.5 )
  2. Rename the 13.5 class - "The Ray K Beat-Down Baby Mod Touring Car Class"

We will donate $1 to the charity for every time Ray K gets lapped by the front runner in the main.

13.5 Touring Car Class Roll Call:
1. Robbie D.
2. Ray K.
3. Sam-the-Man
4. Mike G.
5. Randy B.