R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Products from Radiopost Korea!!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:40 AM
AM03GT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Got a Sanwa/Airtronics M8/M11 module and 5 channel receiver.

Tested back to back yesterday using M8 radio versus SM1001 Spectrum Pro module and SR3500 receiver.

Tests were run A-B-A, then B-A-B within the same battery packs.
Ran them in both Mod 2wd Buggy and 17.5 Short Course.

After a day of running and about 8 LiPo packs worth of track time there is almost no difference at all between the 2. Both performed flawlessly and the response, speed, and feel were identical.

I realize off-road is not the best class or surface to test response and speed so I am going to do similar tests in a touring car once I can get to a race event or facility.

For now I am very pleased with how well this package works and I like that the module does not have an antenna sticking out. The binding is also very very fast literally push the button on the transmitter and push the button on the receiver, by the time you are looking back at your transmitters LED its already set!

The only cons if any are that the 5 channel receiver has a tad bit larger footprint than the SR3500 but it is thinner. The 5 channel is also 1 gram heavier if you want to nitpick but I could honestly care less about 1 gram On the plus side Radiopost appears to offer a 4 channel receiver that is 3 grams lighter and even smaller which might be worth looking into...

good job Radiopost!