R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech LIVE from the 2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Old 03-26-2004, 08:21 PM
futureal
R/C Tech Founder

Yea...

It's not really a dig on HPI though, because the business side of it is questionable. It's tough -- I think -- to take the expenses of a race team and actually see a boost in sales on paper. When you think about the flights, hotels, entry fees, food, salaries (in some cases) of team members and so on, it adds up.

Then again, I walk through the pits at any big race and it's a Losi and Associated show. Nowadays Xray and Schumacher as well, and Yokomo a bit; they all been well represented lately. Then a few Corally cars and maybe an HPI here or there and so on and so forth.

But when you look at guys like myself who aren't really part of any race team, we run the AE and Losi cars more than anything because we know there will be these fast factory guys at the race who can help us out with stuff.

So would it help HPI? I think it would. And I think they'd have no problem finding some top guys willing to run for them, especially now that they've released a competitive car.