R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RD/Richey Racing Engine
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Taylor-Racing
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SlobbaTech
http://www.team-orion.ch/global/global_news.asp?id=2339

At the bottom is says they are to delete the words exhaust port to be 4.50mm. Does anyone know if that's something just for that race or that ROAR will not have an exhaust port rule for sedans anymore?
This is an IFMAR announcement.
Have a look HERE.
It looks like the IFMAR bloc's have and voted to eliminate the 4.5mm exhaust port rule altogether.
This will boost Dremel sales.

I believe IFMAR rules (probably ROAR, also) require X number of days notice before introducing a new rule, so if you have an event coming up quite soon, it'll probably be run to the older rule set. You might need to confirm this.

This change just reflects a resurgence in getting the 200mm rules in line with real life (and the member bloc's), I think. The original IFMAR 200mm rules were just "Interim Rules" for a long time and nothing was happening to bring them up to date. In the mean time, both EFRA and ROAR, as the major players, were forging ahead with their own different rules. Late last year, IFMAR dropped the "standard glow plug" rule and I believe, ROAR have adopted this for 2004.
With a bit of luck, engine manufacturers will be able to produce fewer different versions of "legal" engines for the various IFMAR regions.

But the interesting part is the dropping of 235mm from the IFMAR calendar.
I didn't think that would come so soon.