R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 08-28-2010, 08:19 PM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

SWtour-Thanks for the post. Good luck. I expect an advantage on the banked oval.
I have to say...very interesting on the CARPET...

I hadn't run this class for a while - so I had to get use to the speed, and find the proper gearing, and ESC setup...

We played with that while making subtle changes to spring tensions mostly, plus a tire change (Just one tire) - Most of the changes we in effort to try to reduce the amount of actualy steering angle - but I never did get it reduced as much as I would have liked to today (We'll keep trying different things).

A harder RR tire did help, but then once the traction sauce wore off, the car wanted to step out a little.

We ran the car in the 21.5 Brushless / 2 cell class. The TQ's fastest laps were either 3.7's or 3.8's ( I forget ) and we started at 4.4's - and got down to 3.9's in the main with more traffic (TQ only had 3.8's I believe in the main w/ Traffic)

Steve has a Medium Downforce Protoform DODGE body - I think we could have solved the steering rate issue w/ a HD Dodge or Toyota body... (NEXT TIME)

Now I can't wait to try the other one on the Banked CAP track!!