R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 13.5 sedan and finding the cars balance with lipo - general thoughts?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:09 PM
tc3team
Tech Champion

I dont know, maybe i need more racing, maybe i need to consider my life with rc

I've done a lot of racing at Horsham with 13.5 on foam, lots of grip, I had the single fastest lap in quali and the race - but no consistancy to finish in the podium in the A this year, despite good qualifying situations which kinda dashed my hopes...

i've had good times with rc and with various guys (some well known too) and bad times.

I gave up my sponsorship with Tekin to spend more time with my family and not to think about my hobby and helping others where I could, maybe that is where my focus is - more than a hobby where I can spend too much time and money, my family is always going to take 1st place in my life.

A family including a wife and two sons instead of a hobby is no choice in any situation.

Guys that understand ESC software though - good on you, get in there and have fun! I guess i dont have enough time for it any more to be a serious competitor, times change, as do people... It happens

Long live the brushed days though and the good times I had - don't gear a stock motor at 5.3 at Aldershot, it tends to get a black comm and stop working at 4.5 minutes in qualifying, awesome speed though!!!!! lol

Last edited by tc3team; 08-28-2010 at 01:21 PM.