Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Conrad
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan View Post
Conrad-Thanks. Tests to come. I can tell you now that every time I see a 1/12 pan venture on asphalt, I am dissapointed by it. It constantly slaps the ground, lacks rear traction and is more or less undriveable unless traction is high. Guys seldom bring them for a second practice. At this small track we are running 1 cell and 17.5 motor. A standard 1/12 car has excellent corner speed when traction is high, but accelerattion seems totally lacking. It will be
1S, 17.5t no wonder one of your early comments was 1/12th is boring on 1S. Last season (winter) I ran 10.5t, 1S on a regular turbo'd esc and as quick as it was it always felt flat unlike the 4 cell guys and I was throttle jamming like mad trying to keep up. Speedo firmware's have moved on since so i will have to see what it's like this year.

Question for you mate. Does your front end use the standard AE front end mounting holes? With all of the extra hardware is the front alot heavier than a std AE one? Yes I know the handling benefit will outweigh any extra weight penalty