R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SRS Speedway Scottsdale Az now SUCKS...
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by azrcracer01
to make this short. used to race back in 07. starting to get back into it.. SRS is the closet track to me, went to a couple of races. and things have changed..
the price went way up. its now $15 bux a race. for each car.. up from $10.
and to practice its $10..
they now have a fence around the area so you can't practice on nice sunday afternoon..
the new owner is a tool. he is very friendly while you are buying something, but the second you make your purchase, he leave you high and dry. Cuts off communication with you, and weasels his way into the back... this has happened on many occasions not only with me, but with others i observed. its like hes doing you a favor..
the wrist bands are a decend idea, which probably refects the cost increase of the races.. someones got to pay for the wrist bands...
just my rant...
Let me start off by saying sorry you feel that way. I spend 100% of my days helping everyone that walks in the doors at SRS. If you feel that you did not get treated or the service that you wanted I apologize.

Saying a track sucks or a facility sucks because there is a cost adjustment to stay open or it sucks because someone put a fence up to protect the race track blows me away. Costs of running the store and track is not the same as it was in 2007. Do you still pay the same for gas that you did in 2007? NO! Do you still pay the same amount for food? NO $10 to practice and $15 to race is less then a lot of other tracks charge and I guarantee our track is in near perfect condition every week. I know it’s a hard concept to grasp but it’s not free to build a race track. It’s not free to put power outside so guys can charge batteries. It’s not free to make sure the lights are on and the track is watered for racing. That guy that that announced your race…Yup you got it…Hes not free! What we charge for racing keeps the track open.. Period! This doesn’t pay for our rebuilds! YES when people want a new track layout it’s not free. I have done many track changes and all have been out of my pocket and all have costs a min of $2k. So next time you go to a race track SRS, Fear Farm, CH, Hobbytown USA, Canyon Vista, Padocks, The Nitro Pit, ET look around and see what your getting for your money and make sure you go up to the owner and thank him or her for giving you a place to play!

Sincerely the “tool” that purchased SRS so you could play!