R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HOW DO YOU GET 10 MIN+ RUNTIME???
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
good post David....

I'll add a couple things from my own experience, going 10 mins doesnt play much of a role unless pit lane is a 10+ second delay (same amount of time as a single wreck requiring a slow marshal) or the main is 60 mins long. Concentrating on running the entire main without a single wreck will make you faster than 15mins of runtime

In 30-45min mains its little or no advantage to go 10 mins and risk a flameout. Runtime changes the longer you run the engine.... 10 mins at the begining of the main more often than not, wont equal 10 mins after the car has been ran for 45 mins straight in the dirt. Its always less, especially if you have to run the engine temps higher to make it.

At small tracks it very easy to get 10+mins of runtime, but small tracks are generally only a club race, so using that information at a big track at a big race is usually a bad choice. measuring runtime is more a measure of the circumstances and the knowledge of the person involved. If Drake makes 10mins, you have to consider what he has at his disposal to make that happen.

Moral: practice racing for 30mins straight without a single wreck with a good pace. I guarrantee that will win more races than any engine run time, miracle tire or miracle car
And now the MOST INTELLIGENT POST OF 2010 AWARD !

And the winner is...

(drumroll please)

TONY NEWLAND.