R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Check this engine out!?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomatt
if you went to the GO website http://www.go-engine.com/ you could see that the crankcase is the same externally and the carb is a ringer also. The info I've seen implies that this engine is manufactured by GO for Preci Rotate to Preci Rotate's specs. Please don't go thinking a GO or GO based engine can't be good. The new GX series GO engines are very powerful and durable. I have more acceleration and top speed than any "econo" engine at our (or other) track. I "give up" nothing in acceleration and top speed to any of the "premium" engines.

This post wasn't made to start a flame contest, It's my experience that GO's (even re-badged ones) are often considered not equivalent to the "premium" engines. In my opinion/ experience, they are as good, or so near to as good, that the single biggest difference is....................PRICE. If you look at the GO thread in this very forum, you'll see owners often describe their GO as a "beast" or a "monster". You'll also see owners of the "MG66" (a GX5R GO built by GO to Massive Mods specs using the Massive Mods cooling head also) saying that the MG66 is the finest engine they've ever owned...........bar none.
yes i have heard good about go and was considering the 3 port and pipe deal, ive heard alot of positives about go so i think im might just give the 3 or 5 port a shot.