R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen Seiki MTX-3 vs. Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Diesel Racer
Tech Adept

Originally posted by amgman
Hey rc alan,
Have you used both cars? And why did you buy the G4, cause now I am interested in it. Do you do well against the mugens and the serpent in your track?
amgman, the G4 is a very good car but standard it has a very weak chassis, steering servo saver issues and an undersized fuel tank, I've read on one of the forum threads that the issues with the servo saver should be addressed in an updated kit to be released soon, I beleive the tank has already been updated, but not sure about the chassis. Spares are very reasonably priced along with the K-Factory options. I drive the 710 which is an excellent car, there are some durability issues which are being dealt with but this is the price you pay for a lighter car, a lot of guys whine that Serpent update or change their cars regularly but personally I would much rather that than no development at all. The Mugen again is a very good car but then it should be because it's a combined copy of most other manufacturers cars, the reason they don't change items regularly is because they wait for others to develop them first (just kidding).

All 3 cars are very good, there is also a few others that you probably should consider, just remember all cars have issues and different cars suit different drivers. Go for the one that has best spares support in your area and gives the best on-line support in these forums, because that can be invaluable.

Good Luck

Mark