R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2002, 02:08 AM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
The next question I need help with is about the graphite conversion kit from Ae....

Right now my car`s weight is only 6 grams over the limit.
Everyone I talk to say`s the graphite is faster cus its lighter....

Now , with graphite you will have to add weight rite ? to meet the weight limit ....

So how come graphite is faster if the car weights the same?
Graphite isn't faster, is lighter (and more prone to break if you're a like to slam the walls (they don't move and can really hurt your car) . Thus with less weight your HP/weight ratio is better up to the weight limit. Right now my car ready to run weights 1415grams (w/o transponder) and I need to add up to 90 grams of ballast to be legal (ever I add a little more, is really pissing to lost your best heat by having a car that weights 1498grams (it happened to me )).

This 90 grams of ballast I put where I want to help to dial my car (really I don't move the weights because I've accustomed to a weight distribution).

Reducing the weight on the transmision is wise, less weight rotating, means a faster throttle response (good move with the plastic diffs and plastic CVD's, the last ones don't warp and break) maybe your next movement is changing the input shafts for a lighter ones, like IRS.