R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 AM
rkhess
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Hi, the single speed is not quite enough to provide what is expected in terms of performance for onroad cars on larger tracks. to save the motor a 2-speed tranny is a requirement in most cases, too. otherwise you'll have to cut the tracks to half, and that is what they're doing in southern europe (in rally game) I believe
two speeds dont really save the motor as much as u think IMO,i raced on road in the late 90's-04 my onroad motors lasted just as long as my offroad motors do now...and offroad motor's are way more over rev'd durring races ...the dirt oval here in the US those guys run a spec class also there motor's last just as long

we had a dude all he would run is a single speed ...guys would maybe make up a second on the straight but he would kill us on the infield

on bigger 1/8 tracks i would say your right, but not alot of those left in the US for the club level racing and really i just ment for it to take off in my area and other area's it would be on smaller 1/10 electric tracks anyways were all u need is a single speed tranny and guys could pull out there older buggy's and be competitive