R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 08-23-2010, 04:15 AM
hana166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good to hear another point of view. I've seen many of your posts and they have been very helpful

I haven't been using this car for too long, and I'm not the most experienced but here's my perception so far, which is always subject to improvement

Generally I've found more rotation by laying down the rear shocks, on every car I have owned, I mean from a default position, and with regard to off power corner entry, not mid corner grip, as it seems to allow the car to react quicker initially

I found standing up the rear shocks forced me to wait too long to get the car to begin rotating, and the front needed more grip/lock to correct this. I found the increased overall grip brought the car almost to a halt in the middle of hairpins, and reckon the extra grip gave overall slower laptimes (carpet)

If you can get the car to initiate the turn quickly you don't need as much steering or even grip to get through the corner, and in theory carry more corner speed. The T3 does this very well, is lively at the back, and is a quick car

I'm looking to control the rate of weight transfer, transfer some but not all the weight quickly, to initiate the turn, so I don't have to wait for the car to begin rotating, and then use the car's mid corner roll/droop to transfer/distibute the remaining weight to generate the grip needed to keep it stable and smooth mid corner so I can get on the power early as possible

If it doesn't work in the end I'll have to try a different approach, so far it does seem good, I've got wicked turn and much more corner speed than I had, I was struggling to match the xray and HB before in this area but now I'm right there giving them a hard time

Right now the problem I have is a little too much (!) steering into slow and medium speed corners, and not enough into high speed corners. Exit steering is absolutely amazing. Looking for the balance here. Got a few things to try this coming week

Suggestions welcome

Still a way to go but progress promising so far