R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GM Brushless
Thread: GM Brushless
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:35 AM
MMMRC/KevinK
Tech Rookie

Default GM 90 2010 loseing power half way through a race

Hi iam getting verey frustrated with trying to set up GM 90 2010 esc.
Iam running 10.5 GM 2010 PRO with GM 90 2010 esc and cannot get motor to run with consistent power and speed for a full 5 mins with out loseing power and getting hot half way through a 5 minute run.
I race at club level at the moment as iam just starting raceing electric 1/10th touring i have raced 1/10th nitro at national level for many years and thought would give 1/10th electric a go as the club that i belong to (Mendip,Weston Supermare,UK) which is a large out door asphalt track with a main strate of about 60mtrs long and are trying to get more members to join club.
Iam running a Xray T3 on rubber tyres with GM speedo set on default 9 setting with 5000 50c lipo battery, standard internal gearing of 1.9 and have been trying all different FDR ratios and cannot find one that will stay consistent for full 5 minutes.
Any help would be most appreciated as i have tried on main Xray site and seams like most team drivers do not want to give out their settings which i can understands as they have spent many hours on track testing to find best settings and do not want to help drvers that they may be raceing against but as i have said iam just learning to race 1/10th electric and am only a club racer of 45 years old who will never be as good as the team drivers, i just need some help as am getting no where on my own.

Thanks
Kevin Kennedy