R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BLUE DIAMOND RC TRACK!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Lapper
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Funny, I don't remember you stepping up to offer some help. Don started work on the track the saturday prior with the skidloader and a new local guy who's been in the hobby for about a month (Thanks for the help Shawn). Blue Diamond holds On Road races on Sunday so no work that day was done. Monday and Tuesday the track is closed. Wednesday, aside from Pete helping to water the track it was just Don and I with him running equipment and myself manning the shovel and rake. We worked our balls off to get that thing as far and ready as we could that day with no help from anyone... not even the local racers here. Thursday it rained all day and halted work so we got stuck rolling it the morning of practice as you obviously were there to see. The pipe got laid down by Don, Joe (a guy who volunteers his time here and without him On Road wouldn't run as smoothly as it does), Dustin (local racer who helps all the time), myself, and the only non local racer to help Gunnar (thanks for the help). As for all the people standing around waiting for the work to be done well... Practice started at 4:00 vs 1:00 three hours difference. If you didn't get enough practice with the four heats you ran on Sat then I don't know what to tell you but don't be so unappreciative.