R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tire Glueing
Thread: Tire Glueing
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 06:35 PM
spongerX
Tech Adept

I like to line up a bunch of tires and glue them at once to get them outta the way cos it can be messy.

Use the little insert that some glues come with. I use medium Proline CA and it has the insert tube. Cut about 1/4" off the tube and stick in the end of the CA bottle. This limits how much glue can come out at once and you get a nice dot in the right place.

I also use the Tamiya wheel mounting tool.
http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1020
This can be a bit hard to find these days with so many pre-mounts. I don't use the top disc that came with it but just use my finger nail to peel back a bit of the bead at a time. As was said before jsut use a small drop of glue and work it around the rim. When it stops flowing put another drop.

I keep a Q-tip handy to clean up any messes quickly.

Once I've got 1 side done I wrap a rubber band around it and go through all the other tires before flipping them over to do the other side.

It takes a bit of practice but after a couple of sets you'll have them looking like factory pre-mounts. It's really tricky to do a tidy job without the tube insert as so much glue can come out at once and then it will flow outside of the bead rather than around the inside between the bead and the rim.