R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 06:14 PM
shesha
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Shesha - i'm happy you've made progress with your setup. i think there is two more things you should try when you can..

#1 moving the inner ackerman post forward on the chassis. in this setting you will have less overall ackerman, but your ackerman settings will be more fine grained

#2 experiment with lowering the front arm mounts. you don't have to move both arm mounts at once, you could say lower the front arm mount and that would generate anti-dive --- something that could be very helpful when running such a high horsepower motor as you are.

Hanulec, am not sure about what you are referring to the ackerman post forward, you mean the plastic piece that slides back and forth from setting 1 to 5 or are you referring to the plastic which the bearings seat in?

I did not touch the post since I was not sure, but played with the antidive, my car initiall before setting up antidive was lacking a bit of on power steering, so when I put in antidive on the front being front plastic piece at 0 degree and rear +0.75 it felt really nice on the corner entry and very comfortable you can see the change on the first lap and corners.

however having lost the steering on mid corner and exit, i switched out the plastic to reverse the process and went with pro-kickup, it was perfect, but then you lost the previous effect but still it was good with the on-power steering which gave me just the right amount.

I could go back to the anti-dive and work on the onpower steering with some other feature on the car to compensate.