R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - max power engine vs NOVAROSSI
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Roelof
Tech Lord

[QUOTE=TEAM BROOKLYN;7824499]For whats its worth i have ran both and 14mm crank gives more bottom end and i will explain why . The smaller the hole will force the fuel through faster getting up the crankcase faster therefore making power faster . /QUOTE]

You can only know the real difference if you know the timings, materials, volumes are the same. If not, then you can not compare engines on just the acceleration.

Originally Posted by Riketsu
If what your saying is correct, then 11.5mm is a cheaper/superior technology compared to 11.9mm...

Why Novarossi hasn't made any 11.5mm engines than those for other companies like Max/RB/Gimar/Capricorn???
No, I just say a larger diameter is cheaper. Get rid of the idea that newer is better. Novarossi is a commercial comany pumping many engines a year. A faster worktime on an engine results more engines without the invest of more machines and persons working on those machines. Beside that, they must show you some changes so you think the newer engine is better.
Why others do not have the 11.9mm crank beats me but I can imagine Novarossi wants something different for themselves.