R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
I am really trying to understand this 12 scale thing. Can anybody tell me the effects of the different bodies. ie more push, more steering, more speed, more downforce.Are some just for pavement and others for carpet etc.

List of bodies would be:

AMR 12
Speed 12
Speed 12b
EE1
Speed 8
Speed 8 HD
CRC Bomb er

I would also assume mounting the body forward or aft would make the same changes so would it be fair to say most bodies are mounted to center the front wheel and the rear wheel position would change with the wheelbase.
for mounting, i just try to place the front tires centered.

the AMR and Speed8HD have more rear downforce and less steering than the speed8EXP and CRC R8 (closedcockpit)

i havent' tried the EE1, or speed12's.

for spec motors on carpet i prefer the speed8EXP or R8. the extra downforce AMR or HD might be useful for mod carpet or maybe even stock on loose asphalt?

all things equal, on carpet i would 'prefer' to use a harder rear tire (2xpink vs yellow/grey) and a looser body as opposed to a highdownforce body that locks the rear end.

mind you the last race i ran an AMR body and yellow rears, because that was the best arrangement for me that day. another consideration might be durability, a lightweight Protoform equals a heavyweight Parma in terms of weight and durability. a lightweight Parma needs reinforcement to match my driving style.