R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Tony Newland
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

My Agama rocks! Just got back in town from a 2 day race up in rock springs and couldnt be happier. I Held TQ through 3 rounds of quals (the only buggy to go 13 laps) until the last round and got edged out by 2 seconds so I settled into 2nd position for the 30 min main.

The start of the main was surprisingly clean and I held 2nd until the 2nd lap and took the lead. I led until the first pit stop where I flammed on exit and lost about half a lap and went out of pit lane in third. I reeled 2nd in and battled for a lap or two and took 2nd with my sights on catching first. I could hear his 2013 pipe all over the track so I could tell I was catching him but lapped traffic and some mistakes on my part kept me from catching him. I ended up second overall. The car performed flawlessly, it was fast right from the get go with Levi's setup (I changed a few things). I was the only buggy to run a 32 second lap (ran several) and 1 of only 2 buggies to run 13 laps in 7mins.

The car was absolutely stellar, I came up a bit short because this is only the second race with it, the setup is dialed, I doubt I'll change much from here on out. Still havent broke a single part with over 2 gallons on the car, its holding up very well. A buddy asked me what Agama meant in spanish, I told him "finishes all races" lmao he's not finishing so much with his Losi's...... might have a few believers after this weekend. I couldnt get it out of everyones hands for trophy pictures lol

2 weeks until Lewiston Idahos great snake shootout.... entries are at 160 and still growing. Only 60ish at this one but top 5 racers from idaho and colorado made the trek.