R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - matrix racing tires
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM
td-civ
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
Some people are super competitive and to some extent I understand that they might think someone is wasting their time with a $1000 car with all the hop-ups etc. when they don't go compete. I'll be honest, I have a car that a few years ago would have cost over $1000 to build, but I never raced competitively. The area I'm at has off-road tracks and not one On-road unless I drive a couple hours to get there. I don't have the time to do that so I run my car with some friends for fun. Nothing serious. I did at one time want to race my car which is why I bought it, but I learned that it was more difficult and demanding than I anticipated. I still have fun and I can afford to have a nice car so I don't sweat it.

I could probably have gotten an HPI or something that was RTR and do most of what I do now, but I enjoy having a car that is more adjustable and when I race my friends for fun, I can usually win because of things like shocks, acceleration, better clutch, faster servos, better weight distribution etc. We all have fun whether I lap them 5 times or not.
i feel the same way he drive 2hr to come race in my town i only got back in to it because there is a track in my town where i can race but i have not had time to get back in to it and ppl like that guy is why i got back in to off road but i love onroad so im going to keep working on my car till i like it and yes i need a lot more time running it to get better in do time there is always next year