R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need advice for a Tamiya off-road buggy (Looking to get one possibly)
Old 08-14-2010, 01:02 PM
disjaukifa
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greenpea76
I have the DF03MS with the rare 3racing carbon fiber chassis installed. I just got the chassis a couple weeks ago so no track time yet, but the car ran really well with the mamba 5700KV prior to the CF chassis. There are round case lipos available to fit in these now. Oh, T-bone racing makes new skid plate bumpers for the front and rear and reinforce the lower front gearbox and supposed to keep it from cracking. I can't wait to try out this setup at the local track this weekend.
Hey Guys,

I'm leaning toward the belt system, mostly because I have never done a belt system and I'm curious to see how it would work. So I'm leaning at the moment to the DB01.

However I'm also looking at the DF02 Plasma Edge, I know this is an older chassis and not really race setup . . . at all, however its cheap, and I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy the 4x4 buggies.

Which is easier to race 4wd buggies or 2wd buggies? Which is more popular to race?

Thanks
Disjaukifa