R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 PM
el salvador
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by el salvador
After running this car hard on a "BIG" Hi-Speed track for the first time, I've noticed the left edge of the backside of my front belt "wearing in an abnormal manner"! Have not heard of any NT1 owners complaining of this. (and the reason why is Xray machines clearence in this area where Capricon does not!)
Although the belt has not failed, while replacing it, I removed the deck and applied some ""Dremal Love"" to the offending area. If this does not effectively mitigate the issue, the next step will be to cut that section completely out and Fab a brace that will lay on top of the deck to restore the integrity. (Hoping not to resort to this as, would look "Ugly"!)
After this discovery, I'm surprised nobody else has complained about this before now. Oh well, just a little FYI about an area that could prove to be a failure point on this car. I'm sure others have had to increase the grub screw lengths on the Camber link to outer rear uprights as well as the lower shock to control arm attachments so the car won't fall apart in a long main.
I discovered earlier today that Xray does take care of this in the MFG process!
So Props to Xray, and come on Capricorn, lets finish off refining this car, OK?

Last edited by el salvador; 08-18-2010 at 08:58 AM.