R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Drew Ellis
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Can you explain why you choose not to run the Foam Inserts in the shocks? What is their effect on the car's handling and traction?

Also, what is the performance difference between adjustable pistons and non-adjustable pistons? Is having two hole with one the same as with the other?

Thanks.
Well when you run no foam it just lets the bladder do more work "softer setting". With the foam its like using a stiffer bladder "harder setting". On Ralph's car we run no rebound with the softer setting on the bladder.
What Martin said in theory is right that is always what I thought about rebound more rebound more traction. less rebound less traction. But it can be tuned in alot of ways springs, oil, and pistons. We have almost ran every setting you can think of on this car and Ralph has been happiest with this setup.

I think the adj. piston are good and a quick tuning part of the car. But the fixed I feel that they are more consistent meaning they move through the oil better. One piston is soild and the other you put two peices together. Not that the fit is not good but there has to be a difference. Guess we would need a machine to tell us..LOL

Hope that made sense..

Thanks Drew