R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
macdude
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
I invite interested forum members to read our on-line NovaLink Operating instructions. We designed our instructions for the inclusion of additional tips and information as we receive it from our customers. This will allow new users to benefit from your shared observations. We will also be compiling a FAQ section.

If any of you have suggestions or corrections, please post them here. Our goal is to continue improving our on-line information by incorporating helpful information and clearing up any confusing guidance. We want the NL booklet to be the easiest, most intuitive esc programming guidance available.

They are definitely a work in process!
I appreciate all the work. I have just installed the controller in my car. It was a little bigger than I expected. Even though I was running a MMP, I had a hard time placing the power cap.

Couple of initial questions. First I have no place to test it tonight. But just bench testing I notice that the heat sink get warm to the touch just running it on the bench (no fan) 17.5 motor. I just adjusted the timing via the lights to 30 degrees, and a starting RPM 5500. This is where I would run on the other ESC's. Anyway, is there really any need for the fan. And should the controller be getting warm just revving it on the bench?
Also what RPM range and FDR where people running with a 17.5?

Thanks