R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MARCCA Sedan Novak Spec class
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 04:36 AM
celt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

regarding last comments by Gordonfreemen and Futureal:

Interesting comments from both of you in that one is a commentary on what we would like to see and one is commentary on the reality of competetive racing. I can't see fault in what either of you are saying.

However, with regards to racing at MARCCA, a few drivers understand the level of competition and have expressed the desire for a competitive class while reducing the cost where it remains sensible. I mean, I agree with Futureal, in that at a national level, these kinds of ideas might not fly. These guys are serious, in some cases, it's their livelihood. At MARCCA, that's not really the case. I've talked to the top drivers regarding this subject and for the most part they seem interested.

Columbo has such a healthy attitude - he runs things into the ground, tires down to the liners, a chassis so beat up it's almost hard to recognize what it is. Yet, I haven't seen him lose to many races! Again, we aren't talking the national level, just a few people that want to enjoy even competition, more cost effectively. Wouldn't work everywhere, but at MARCAA it just might.

So, I'll spend eighty bucks on a 4300 and see where it goes. That motor will outlast a handfull of brushed stock motors so I figure it's money well spent.

better days...