R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:11 AM
macdude
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akudou
I use to run the rs with almost very limited timing, boost, throttle feel, turbo etc on the 203 and with the 208 i manage to raise the stakes of the feel, boost timing, turbo, endbell timing and even the fdr's and the motor is 15 to 20 deg Celsiuis cooler on the 208 which will eventually give u ample of space for fine-tune your setups. I run my RS on the sanwa M11-x and have yet to give it some more run time before i exploit the problems with the rs issue everyone have been talking about. Isnt the Novak kinetic is as similar as the LRP motors? Correct me if i am wrong.
I'm looking to try out the Redline series of motors and might startout with the 6.5T. Have never tried out anything lower than 11.5T sensored.
The Kinetic is the new Novak Controller. It has dinamic timing build in. And it has 2 profiles. Just about everything can be adjusted from the controller. Timing, boost, rpm range. If you want more adjustability then you have to buy the novalink and then you can tune it like the RS via the hotwire.

But I am suspecting that it should be as smooth if not smoother than the LRP controller. I have never run one of those, mostly because all the guys that used to race brushed motors tried to convince me of how great they where, but I was always novak or tekin. As both where made state side.