R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - looking at geting a 1/8 nitro buggy, what do i need?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 PM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkee
i think that is a rather broad statement....
in a lot of cases, it allows easier access into the hobby or into a new class or range of vehicle.
allowing you to upgrade if you feel necessary

the losi rtr is a great package.

to the OP..
you will need a heat gun. i had to preheat the head on my 8ight to start for almost half a gallon. that losi 350 is super tight brand new.
after break in, you will probably need a new set of tires.
i am just into the 2nd gallon on mine and the tires are bald bald.
youll need 2 batteries for the starterbox. lipo preferred but im using nimh 4600's.. they work decent.
i ordered a 2nd starterbox belt.. i was afraid of possibly snapping mine and being stuck without a replacement for a week. but it hasnt broken. probably because my engine was 200 prior to starting
other than that, youll just need some tools which you probably have allrdy im guessing

i will be replacing my shock caps w/ alum but not untill the stock plastic ones go.
if you see i put most of the time and yes its a pretty good package but the servos take a crap after breakin they dont last. The engine is pretty good but they dont last as long as others, but for rtr its very good and it does include a good box, radio, and roller but honestly i would rather spend the money on a kit then a rtr. opinions are opinions but im 100% positive those servos are no good so its ganna cost 140 each for 9100's and with losi if you dont set end points they will eat any servo, I have seen jr 9100 hv's get eatin by a losi and those are 200 plus dollar servos.