R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - No 2011 Roar Electric Paved Nationals? Maybe
Old 08-10-2010, 04:48 PM
KHoff7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I really think people need to stop obsessing on 20 years ago, there are so many factors that are different now, to assume success by going "back to the basics" is foolish. I am insulted that you feel that the average racer is not dedicated enough to run mod, the issue is COST, when you crash in mod, it COSTS alot more. You say that it will teach people NOT to crash, I say it will cause people to quit. I can also tell you that on a reasonably sized asphalt track, 150x75 that pros like Fairtrace, Schreff, Cuffs, Haynes, etc were barely faster with full out mod vs 13.5, hotlap was maybe .2 faster and full runs almost identical.
You can say, well then why do you need 13.5, just run MOD, well walk around the pits and ask how many people have broken chassis plates in 13.5 vs MOD, and I say that there is no reason to try and wrestle the bottom end punch of a 6.5 when you can get an easier to drive car with the same top end with a 13.5.
There are few tracks stateside that really need a full mod class, and I don't know of any indoors big enough. These tracks in europe are huge, even the indoor carpet ones.
I ran a 13.5 in both classes during that race and was competetive in both