R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 AM
mangoman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Are you kidding me? Re read your quote and check the FIRST item in the list that is allowed to be powered by a RX pack.
Its a two part statement:
A receiver battery pack must only supply power to radio receivers

for its operation and the control only of addition equipment listed: speed controls, servos and transponders for their operation.

Even if you read it thus, it still doesnt say the battery pack can supply power to the esc:
A receiver battery pack must only supply power to radio receivers for its operation
and the control only of addition equipment listed: speed controls, servos and transponders for their operation.

Like i said otherwise how is it possible to scruitineer what the receiver pack is doing when its plugged into the esc.

With regards to the tekin, to me it seems certain parts of the esc are not fully functional and thus not powered when the esc is off. Hence the fact that the VC does not operate. I suspect that is one of the reasons why there is an extra current draw.
But the draw is quite significantly larger, i dont know what it is doing. But the tekin does seem to pull massive load of a 1s pack so it is possible the esc is browning out (something which to me is shown by the fact that a novak smartboost cant maintain voltage with the tekin to operate) and needing to draw more power from the receiver pack to keep it going at full strength.

Last edited by mangoman; 08-10-2010 at 09:46 AM.