R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GWH74
Here is some testing that i did last year with boosters and the Tekin.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6357275-post303.html
One day when i get my hands on a fried one i will looking into what is sucking all the power.
So according to your test the receiver pack is hooked into the motor in some way. Thats why you see performance increase when the ESC is on as well as the motors 1s voltage is being supplemented by a little extra from the poor rx pack under massive load! Has anyone had a RX pack fail using a Tekin ESC?

Originally Posted by mangoman
I think thats pretty clear the receiver battery must only supply power to the radio receiver.
By plugging it into the ESC you are supply power to the esc which is then supplying power to the receiver. There is no way for a scruitneer to be able to tell what the esc is doing with the power.

In my opinion, if it were legal to do that regulatory bodies would need to get sample escs, reverse engineer them and then verify they are legal and put them on a list. Otherwise anyone could rock up with their own esc and you would never know what is happening.

As for the tekin that is something i have said around the tracks. I know functionality is different when the esc is off. It doesnt have a voltage cut off when it is off (which to me would theoretically mean that if the esc is off it is not legal, but then again voltage cut offs dont seem to do a lot in 12th scale). Tekin would have to comment on what other functionality does, doesnt or kind of works when the esc is off.
Are you kidding me? Re read your quote and check the FIRST item in the list that is allowed to be powered by a RX pack.

mikecatts: I generally agree... if run time is not a problem for you then get a booster system to go with your ESC choice or get the SXX SS or the new Hobbywing with built in booster. If a RX pack is a must the BD makes life easy.