R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FW05R or V-1RR Evo
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 06:43 PM
vones
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FW-05 n V1-RR EVO both are good cars....the only thing is the driving style of the cars
you need to know your driving style,
top end speed depends on gearings, if you want pick up, you'll lose out on top end speed n vice versa.
in terms of maintenance both cars are pretty much the same its just by removing the radio deck. On the FW the radio deck is very simple n the electronics(steering n throttle) are mounted on it. once you remove the deck you can access everything. maintenance is mostly on the frnt n rear bulkheads. The crown gears n pinion. Shimmimg is very critical.

For EVO the layout looks messy is compare to FW but still the ease of maintenace is still acceptable. Bear in mind both are nitro cars ...oil n dirt are always present. Both cars can be fitted with Lola body. The only thing I hate abt the 05 n EVO is the 0.8 pinion gears. They wear out too fast. That's why I'm still using the 1.0 gears. I hve tried both cars n I find that the 05 is not my cup of tea. reason being I'm the type who like to squeeze throttle any chance i get n brake hard to take corners. 05 need more sensitive fingers....the more experience drivers would like this car. I still stick to my evo. There's a race coming up this Sunday 28-March at HPRC sembawang. There will be a lot of different cars, so you can drop by n see for yourself.