R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 AM
M-Technic
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314
I see two things in the settings you posted:
Your RPM window for timing is much to narrow (#15 setting): Start 3000 & End 8800 This will cause the motor to feel sluggish (too much timing applied to fast) and generate excessive heat.

The SC delay (#14 setting) of 0.1sec combined with your above timing settings is causing an excessive amount of timing being applied to the motor.

Your FDR of 5.73 would signal to me that you on a Big track. Have a look a few posts back for the setup I posted for 200ft track to get an idea of settings.

I would at least change your current #13 setting to 2 and #15 to 3. If it seems slow, don't be afraid to drop several teeth on the pinion. A zero delay SC setup typically needs a lot of RPM to go fast, and we typically will run it on short / med technical tracks as you get a lot of rip out of the corner with it.

Jimmy
How do you know what the end RPM is #15? I've never seen values applied to that setting, I didn't know that was the "end RPM" like on the Tekin.

If that is the case, what setting corresponds to a ~15,000 RPM end? I guess I am running a 6,000 RPM start and ~9,000 RPM end! That is no good...