R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 966
Thread: Serpent 966
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:29 PM
amuse
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi fellows, just want to comments on the recent Serpent manufacturing quality, not the material quality but the workmanship of parts.

I recently (finally) upgraded my 960 to a 966, new kit new built. I have to say, compare to the 960, which was the 1st gen kit, this 966 is awful to build. Parts don't fit without some "fine tuning", machined parts with lots of chips left in crevices, plastic parts need to de-bur of the extra material from the mode. This is so different in quality control compare to my 960 and even the 960/08 OS2 upgrade i did to my 960, which was still excellent for fit and finish. I major "mod" i have to do on the 966 was the rear axle pin that holds the quick release lever for the wheel, the pin will not go through without elongate the hole.

I also recently build a Mugen MBX-6 buggy, this is my first Mugen build and i have to say I have never build a kit that trouble free.

I know myself very well that as much as i am complaining now, i know i will buy another Serpent. what can you do???

anyway, i just wanted to see what you guys think on the quality of finish on Serpent cars/parts of late.

sorry for the long post