R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES
Old 08-07-2010, 01:00 PM
raceemrc
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone,

I know some of you have heard that the great County of Winnebago was trying to shut down the track.. We have applied for a "Special Use" permit which will allow us to continue to operate the track with no problems. Now, this permit is very complicated to get. We must go thru a "Public" Hearing in front the the Zoning board. This is a Public hearing, so any residents around can come and protest the permit.

So, Race Em has a few favors to ask everyone who would like to see a R/C Track to stay in the Rockford Area, and run sactioned racing. First and foremost, the Hearing is September 8th at 7pm in Downtown Rockford. The more people we can get to show up, the better off we will be. Kids, wifes, moms and dads, we need every single one of you to help support the Club and track!!

We also would like to get a petition going on the forums.. This can't be like a normal petition. What I am asking, is if you could please take 5 minutes of your time to send me and e-mail, or a PM. Stating the reasons why Race Em would be a good thing to the community, and benifit the area. Why this track is so important to every single person here. Please include your e-mail, phone number, and address. The more we get the better chance we will have with the permits..

I understand that there has been some concern with the Tri City Race. I have heard quite a bit of people say that they want to run at Race Em. So I have talked with Yoder. What we are going to do is set a date in mid October for the Closing race for the Tri City. Probably Oct. 17th. Now with this permit stuff, we are also going to have a back up track. More than likely Marengo. SO if something happens and we do not get the permits, we will notify everyone and shift the race to marengo.

If there are any questions please feel free to contact me. We would really appreciate it if we can get the whole R/C Community together on this one and keep a track alive in the Greater Rockford area!

Thanks for everything in advance!!