R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What to get? MBX6T or Losi 2.0T?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 PM
AZRC4Me
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Losi's are faster loose. "slop" is not really the correct term. They develop some play, but they're free and fast like that.
They're always the fastest right before they break - haha! Ask any engine builder.

I started out with a D8, but recently bought an MBX6 over a Losi 2.0 buggy. What sold me was the pillow ball design Mugen uses in the front (on the MBX6T too). Losi's design is very similar to the D8 with a caster block and a spindle, which I do not think is as durable, and it creates more drag between the components. That, and you can get an M-Spec Mugen that's already setup, just add your gear and you're on the track with a setup that's very close to being dialed in.

Also, consider that Mugen does not tend to release a new buggy every year - that alone should tell you something about Mugen's quality.

Either way, the brands are all very very similar, it boils down to whether or not you can set a car up for the track conditions and you perform regular maintenance. Also, if you run an un-marshalled main, you will probably finish 1st in your club race no matter what brand you run!

I think in the long run, the Mugen requires fewer parts to keep it 'brand new'. Just my $.02. Good luck!