R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 10:49 AM
cyba888
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by markp27
-2 front toe out seems a lot to me, usually you use more toe out to aid turn in to a corner - this amount probably won't help your traction roll.

What ride height are you running? Oil and holes for the shocks?

Try going back to the default setup and see how that performs.
Yea -2 does seem alot. Will change it back to -1. Im still using 6mm front and back. As far as oil and holes its all factory setting. The thing is the car has traction roll only on new tires. With smaller diameter used tires it does not traction roll and runs great. Maybe I need to true the tires front and rear when its brand new If the problem is really because of the new tires(higher profile) then I will switch back to default. The more I think about it the more I think it has to do with the tires. Default setting is dam good with the stock tires that came with the kit Never really had problems with the stock tires until I switched to new ones. RIght now I have to bebuild my car first and hope my thrust bearings are not shot since it ran into the wall and kept spinning my tires for some time while it was on all four wheels. Clutch feels weird and my gears are stripped as well